Lower Mainland Brevets
Start: Vancouver: Waves Coffee House, 1858 Commercial Drive (at East 3rd Ave.)
Route at a glance:
|Note: This is not the official route sheet. Ride organizers may make last minute changes because of road closures or other problems. The route sheet you receive at the start of the ride is the official one.|
Notes: Anyone intending to ride the day 2 and/or day 3 routes without doing day 1 needs to contact us (Doug & Susan). All the paperwork will be done at the start of the first ride.
More Notes from Susan:
A) Draft Route Sheets:
Day 2: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1A6LrYPkLAkO2VXXOqyMOpSfm7cJs2cDl66zdkZM5sw4/edit?usp=sharing
Day 3: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Rsc-jGMWIdSK9LWnyBI9yw_9ACzlGdh0ZidSuqr4DtI/edit?usp=sharing
B) From Susan Barr: I bought some water purification tablets at MEC -- actually, a package of 50, each of which treats 1 litre of water (for giardia, crpyptosporidium, etc). So using 1 tablet on a large water bottle is pretty close to the recommended ratio. I'm sure I won't use more than 2 or 3 tablets, so will bring the remainder with me to the start. Perhaps you can let people know that they'll be available (I'm guessing there should be enough for everyone to have a couple).
C) Paperwork for Randonneurs Go Touring Events:
As the organizer will be riding and there are a few hills involved in the route, she does not want to carry paperwork around the course. Hence:
1) registration for all three events will occur at Waves Coffee House on the morning of Jun 28. You will sign all three waivers and pay for the three rides. You will receive the three route cards at that time.
2) Don't forget that on the morning of day 2 and day 3, you must get your route card signed by the organizer or the start establishment
3) After completing day 1 and day 2, don't forget to get the organizer of finishing establishment to sign. Hold onto your completed card.
4) At the end of day 3, we hope that there will be volunteers at Waves to sign your final card and collect all three cards. If not, please get the cards to the organizer.... details to follow.
5) If you intend to ride day 2 and/or day 3 without riding day 1 you must contact the organizer by Wednesday Jun 25, you will be printing your own route cards.
6) If you decide not to ride day 2 and/or day 3 after registering on Jun 28 and before starting that ride, please notify the organizer and preferably return the route card to her. She will arrange refunds.