Go to: VanIsle 1200 Home
- Largest North American Island on the Pacific Coast: 454 kilometres long and 100 kilometres wide; 3,440 kilometres (2150 miles) of coast-line.
- Highest waterfall in North America - Della Falls in Strathcona Park drops 440 metres (1,443 feet).
- Victoria (Provincial Capital) to Seattle, Washington (113 kilometres or 70 miles)
- Victoria to Port Angeles, Washington (32 kilometres or 20 miles) - Scenic
- Sidney to Anacortes, Washington (58 kilometres or 36 miles) - Scenic
- Swartz Bay to Tsawwassen, B.C. (39 kilometres or 24 miles) - Scenic
- Nanaimo to Vancouver, B.C. (58 kilometres or 36 miles)
- Comox to Powell River, B.C. (40 kilometres or 25 miles)
In addition to riding the
consider extending your stay to explore Vancouver Island.
Some points of interest are:
- Victoria, a little bit of olde England
- Campbell River and Port Alberni, both claimants of the title "Salmon Fishing Capital of the World"
- Pacific Rim National Park on the exposed Pacific West Coast
- Duncan, city of totems
- Chemainus, city of murals
- Port Hardy, southern ferry terminus for the ferry trip to Prince George, B.C.
- Vancouver Island, and particularly the eastern side, is visited by large numbers of tourists during the summer months, so booking accommodation early is very important. Here are some tourist links which you might find of interest. hellobc.com and vancouverisland.travel
- Victoria (southern tip of Vancouver Island, Capital of the Province of British Columba) refers to itself as a little bit of olde England! World famous Butchart Gardens are a must see - go in the late afternoon, wander the grounds, have supper there and then stay of the impressive gardens lighted at night. victoria.ca and butchartgardens.com
- Gulf Islands … lots of folks cycle tour these islands --- if you take the BC Ferries from Tsawwassen ferry terminal to Swartz Bay ferry terminal one passes through many of these scenic islands. victoriabc.com/vancisland/gulf
- Tofino, Long Beach If you want to see the wild Pacific Ocean rollers, then travel to Long Beach Park and Tofino - The VanIsle 1200 does not travel there, but our 600k and one of our 1000's do go there. tofino-bc.com and Long Beach